Resources for Mothers & Families
Websites for Nursing and Expecting Moms
General Breastfeeding Information
- Breastfeeding Online Website developed by Cindy Curtis, RN, IBCLC with variety of breastfeeding information.
- Common Sense Breastfeeding Website developed by Diane Wiessinger, MS, IBCLC with breastfeeding information.
- Health and Nutrition for pregnant and breastfeeding moms find out your nutritional needs.
- KellyMom: Breastfeeding and Parenting "...developed to provide evidence-based information on breastfeeding, sleep and parenting..."
- La Leche League Breastfeeding answers, forums, frequently asked questions, find a local La Leche League leader, and podcasts
- Low Milk Supply
Information and Support for Breastfeeding Mothers
Overview of milk production; information on supplementing, low milk causes, increasing milk, and overproduction.
- 101 reasons to breastfeed
- Women's Health Initiative-Breastfeeding Resources for breastfeeding provided by the federal government.
Breast Pump Information
- Information on Breast Pumps from the FDA
- Ameda website General breastfeeding information.
- Medela website General breastfeeding information.
Working and Breastfeeding
- Breastfeeding for Working Mothers
- Business Case for BreastfeedingSteps For Creating A Breastfeeding Friendly Worksite
- Employee's Guide to Breastfeeding and Working PDF
Medications and Breastfeeding
- LactMed Gives maternal and infant levels of drugs, possible effects on breastfed infants and on lactation, and alternate drugs to consider.
- Infant Risk Center Provides up-to-date evidence-based information on the use of medications during pregnancy and breastfeeding. Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm central time. (806)-352-2519 Nutrition While Breastfeeding
Please note: These books are listed as resources only, and are not necessarily endorsed by the Central MN BF Coalition
- The Breastfeeding Answer Book La Leche League International, 2003
- The Ultimate Breastfeeding Book of Answers Prima Communications, 2000
- The Nursing Mother's Companion: Revised Edition The Harvard Common Press, 2005
- Breastfeeding Made Simple: Seven Natural Laws for Nursing Mothers 2005
- The Breastfeeding Mother's Guide to Making More Milk Mc Graw-Hill, 2009
- Mothering Multiples La Leche League International, 2007
- Nursing Mother, Working Mother: Revised Edition The Harvard Common Press, 2007
Children's Books Showing Breastfeeding