Resources for Mothers & Families
Nursing and Expecting Moms
General Breastfeeding Information
- Breastfeeding Online Website developed by Cindy Curtis, RN, IBCLC with variety of breastfeeding information.
- Common Sense Breastfeeding Website developed by Diane Wiessinger, MS, IBCLC with breastfeeding information.
- Health and Nutrition for pregnant and breastfeeding moms find out your nutritional needs.
- KellyMom: Breastfeeding and Parenting "...developed to provide evidence-based information on breastfeeding, sleep and parenting..."
- La Leche League Breastfeeding answers, forums, frequently asked questions, find a local La Leche League leader, and podcasts
- Low Milk Supply Information and Support for Breastfeeding Mothers
Overview of milk production; information on supplementing, low milk causes, increasing milk, and overproduction.
- 101 reasons to breastfeed
- Women's Health Initiative-Breastfeeding Resources for breastfeeding provided by the federal government.
- Maximizing Milk Production with Hands on Pumping from Stanford School of Medicine
These breastfeeding-related apps are guidelines that can provide information on breastfeeding cues, tracking and troubleshooting help, but do not take the place of in-person lactation support from professionals. Be aware that some sponsored apps available from various sources only seek to promote their products. The coalition promotes evidence-based breastfeeding information and does not endorse any specific product. The breastfeeding-related apps listed below have been reviewed by the Central Minnesota Breastfeeding Coalition members for reliable content that avoids commercial interest..
- Breastfeeding SolutionsCost: 6.99 Description: Interactive guide to solve common breastfeeding problems. Doesn’t track feedings and diapers.
- Text4BabyCost: FreeDescription: Receive text messages about your baby’s growth and development from pregnancy up to one year.
- LactMedCost: FreeDescription: Information about maternal and infant drug levels from NIH, possible effects on lactation and on breastfed infants, and alternative drugs to consider.
Breast Pump Information
- Information on Breast Pumps from the FDA
- Ameda website General breastfeeding information.
- Medela website General breastfeeding information.
Working and Breastfeeding
- Breastfeeding for Working Mothers
- Business Case for BreastfeedingSteps For Creating A Breastfeeding Friendly Worksite
- Employee's Guide to Breastfeeding and Working PDF
Medications and Breastfeeding
- LactMed Gives maternal and infant levels of drugs, possible effects on breastfed infants and on lactation, and alternate drugs to consider.
- Infant Risk Center Provides up-to-date evidence-based information on the use of medications during pregnancy and breastfeeding. Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm central time. (806)-352-2519 Nutrition While Breastfeeding
Please note: These books are listed as resources only, and are not necessarily endorsed by the Central MN BF Coalition
- Balancing Breast & Bottle: Reaching Your Breastfeeding GoalsHale Publishing, 2010
- Breastfeeding an Adopted Baby and RelactationLa Leche League International, 2006
- The Breastfeeding Answer Book La Leche League International, 2003
- Breastfeeding Made Simple: Seven Natural Laws for Nursing Mothers 2005
- The Breastfeeding Mother's Guide to Making More Milk Mc Graw-Hill, 2009
- An Introduction to Biological Nurturing: New Angles on BreastfeedingHale Publishing, L.P., 2010
- Mothering Multiples La Leche League International, 2007
- Nonprescription Drugs for the Breastfeeding Mother: 2nd EditionHale Publishing, 2011
- The Nursing Mother's Companion: Revised Edition The Harvard Common Press, 2005
- The Ultimate Breastfeeding Book of Answers Prima Communications, 2000
- Nursing Mother, Working Mother: Revised Edition The Harvard Common Press, 2007
- Understanding Breastfeeding and How to Succeed Hale Publishing LP, 2012
Children's Books Showing Breastfeeding